Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So Who Reads This Silly Blog Anyway?

I'm wrestling with whether this is an act of vanity or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it just doesn't matter!

Over on the right you will notice a ClustrMap. I saw this on my friend Charles's blog, thought it was neat, and added it to mine. Each red dot means that someone from near that geographical position accessed my blog. The larger it is, the more times someone from that area landed here. Usually a little dot means that someone may have randomly hit (I've done that, but not recently as I haven't really had the time), or landed here accidentally and never intends to land here again. If you look at Charles's blog (www.blogitch.blogspot.com), his map is cluttered with hundreds of regular readers ... and it was that way even before his political posts outnumbered his theological posts. (Charles, that's a dig, just in case you're wondering -- I do love you, but I'm not voting for Obama).


Once a year, they archive the map, clear all the dots and it starts over again. They just did that with my map. I can access the old map, but it's going to be interesting to see which dots grow and which ones stay the same.

Incidentally, you can get a ClustrMap too. Just click on it and you'll find links that take you through the process. It's pretty idiot-proof. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles R said...

I've been thinking a lot and have posted some conclusions.

Thinking About a Friend's Observations

Come see what you think.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home