Monday, May 07, 2007

Requiem for Robert Webber

I learned today in Bob Burroughs' MONDAY MORNING E-MAIL (see www.creatormagazine.com to find it) that worship theologian Robert Webber passed away on April 27th. I became acquainted with Dr. Webber while at seminary. He was one of our keynote speakers at Church Music Institute (OK, so some of you now know that I went to SBTS). Some of his work has had a profound impact on my thinking (and acting) about worship. For that I will always be grateful.

I am among many who prayed for him when we learned a few months ago that he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Now we grieve our loss but celebrate his eternal joy. Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Requiem aeternam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home