Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Been away

Been away on vacation for a week. Sunday at Compass Lake, then on to PC Beach until dark-thirty Saturday morning. I'm feeling my age in a huge way. I did get up on 1 ski but couldn't hold on all the way around the lake. OK, so it's not a really small lake, but the time was when I would ski the lake 5 times in a day. I was much younger then, and skiing all the time. Muscle usage patterns have changed, and there were no ski gloves either. Mom and Dad's new boat is harder to ski behind than the wonderful 1968 Glastron that sits rotting in my back yard because I can't afford to fix it up and get it lake-worthy again.

If you're ever in PC Beach, Mike's Diner rocks. It's not long on atmosphere, but the food is very good for not a whole lot of money. If they have fried green tomatoes on the menu as one of the sides, by all means don't miss them. Thanks very much to my sister and brother-in-law for the use of their condo. We couldn't have done it without you.

On Friday I began feeling my age yet again. Thursday evening I threw the boys around in the pool just for old times sake. The stick boy is 12 and the toothpick is 15. Stick boy outweighs toothpick by a couple of pounds now ... as he has done for the past 3 years or so. I know they're getting too big for it (or that I'm too old, or both), but what kid doesn't enjoy being thrown around by his dad? On Friday my back began to hurt. I've attributed the pain mainly to the throwing around, but on Saturday I began having kidney stone symptoms as well (hemoturia mainly, as well as some renal pain to accompany the back ache). I haven't passed the stone yet, but as the stone symptoms have abated, so have the pains in the back. The long and the short of it is that now I don't know how much of the pain (if any) is muscle-related and how much is due to the kidney stone. I'm just glad it's going away.

We didn't really want to come back, but had to. I'm back at work now (Sunday went well, but Monday was a hard day), so there should be a weekly posting tomorrow ... perhaps something about the stick boy going to RA camp -- what an interesting experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home