Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Who names these things?

I've been having kidney stone symptoms off and on for the past few weeks. The pain has been fairly quiet over the past few days, but I did have hematuria on Sunday afternoon, so I finally called the doc late Monday and went to see him yesterday. There was not a whole lot going on as far as the symptoms go but an IVP is still indicated. That means I'm spending today in preparation ... clear liquids all day and colon prep (they don't want anything in there so they can see kidneys, ureters, and bladder well on the films) this afternoon. That's borderline TMI, so I'll not go much further there except to say this:

When I saw the name on the prep kit I picked up from the radiology department at the hospital -- "Evac-Q-Kwik" -- my immediate thought was, "Who in the world thinks up names for these things? Yeesh!" Sure, it's descriptive, but cutesy spellings and trite-phrasy names belong somewhere else. All the name did was to increase my dread of what I have to do this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles R said...

onomatopoeia???

8:23 AM  
Blogger Morris said...

More like "Oh no, mucho poo, yeah."

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home